January 8, 2020
Automated appointment reminders are the most efficient way to reduce the number of patient no-shows. But what if your patients are not getting the message? Automated reminders make use of email addresses and mobile phone numbers. If you haven’t collected that information, there is no way to reach out to your patients. Fortunately, Dentrix Ascend reminds you when you are missing patient contact information. All you have to know is where to look. Automatic task reminders alert staff to collect the email addresses and mobile numbers that will boost your patient retention and office production.
- To use Appointment Task Reminders, you must use the routing panel.
- One of the first activities on patient arrival is to ask the patient if there has been any changes to their contact information. If for some reason this does not occur and contact information is missing, a prompt in the Here status alerts staff to collect the patient’s primary contact phone number and email address.
- To enter the primary contact phone number, expand the Collect Phone Number task, type in the phone number, and then click Save.
- To enter in the primary contact email address, expand the Collect Email task, type in the email address, and then click Save.
- Completed tasks have a green checkmark.
- Reminders to collect email addresses and phone numbers appear only if the information is missing from the primary contact’s Patient Information page.
- If contact information was not collected while the patient’s appointment was in the Here status, the appointment task reminders will appear in the Checkout status.
- For more information, watch Using the Routing Panel for Patient Check In in the Resource Center.