June 10, 2020
What do you do when a dentist or hygienist informs you that they must take a day off and they have patients scheduled for that day? A quick way to accommodate their request is to simply block off their schedule and to keep track of the patients that must be rescheduled. It only takes a couple of clicks.
1. With the Calendar in Provider view, click the provider’s name, which is a hyperlink, to open the Make Provider Unavailable for a day option. Click the link.
If the provider has patients scheduled for that day, you will get the option to pin those appointments to the Pinboard for rescheduling.
2. Select Yes or No to pinboard the selected provider’s appointments.
If you click Yes, the scheduled patient appointments are pinned to the Pinboard to be rescheduled.
If you click No, the patient appointments are not pinned to pinboard. This option is not recommended because you can easily forget to reschedule the provider’s patients.
Either way you decide, the Provider’s schedule gets grayed out to show that he/she is not available that day.
- If you need to change the provider’s status back to Available for a day, click the Provider’s name again and click Make the Provider Available for a day and unpin the patient appointments.
- To learn more about changing a provider’s availability, read Changing a provider’s availability on the calendar in the Resource Center.
- To learn more about rescheduling appointment using the Pinboard, read Rescheduling appointments with the Pinboard in the Resource Center.