July 31, 2019
The Unscheduled Treatment interactive report is consistently the most-opened power report in Dentrix Ascend. And the most common modification to the default report is to narrow it down to a specific provider or location for a certain time frame, accompanied by the removal of extra fields. The great thing about interactive reports in Ascend is that you can build a dozen or more variations starting from the baseline. The following are a couple of easy ones.
Get Rid of Extra Fields
Have you ever opened the Unscheduled Treatment report and thought, “How do I get rid of the fluff?” or maybe “Can I make this cleaner and shorter?” The quickest way to do this is remove the fields you currently have no interest in.
1. Click the Layout icon (looks like building blocks) to see the field names.
2. Shift+click or Ctrl+click to select the fields you want to remove. They will be highlighted in green.
3. Drag the highlighted fields down and to the right, and drop them in the garbage can that appears.
You can also drag any remaining fields in the Groups section down to the Columns section. Eventually you will end up with a tidy list that is many pages shorter than the original report.
Get a Report for a Specific Provider
By default the Unscheduled Treatment report includes treatment plans for all providers. To limit the report to a specific provider, you must apply a filter.
1. Click the Toggle Edit link.
2. Scroll down the list of available fields to the Provider section, and right-click the Provider field. Select Filter from the fly-out menu.
3. In the Filter on Provider window, choose the Select from a list option. Search or scroll through the list of provider names. When you find it, double-click to move the name to the Included column, and click OK.
Get a Report for a Specific Time Frame
By default the Unscheduled Treatment report includes all the treatment plans that have ever been created but not scheduled. To limit the report to a specific time frame, you must apply one or two filters depending on the range of your target. For example, this is how you would see cases treatment planned since the beginning of the year.
1. Click the Toggle Edit link.
2. Look down the list of available fields in the Procedure section, and right-click the Transaction Date field. Select Filter from the fly-out menu.
3. In the Filter on Transaction Date window, select On or after from the dropdown, and then click the calendar to select the start date.
Bonus Tip: Once you get the columns how you like them, you can click the dropdown on the column header for additional options, such as sorting by the transaction date.
- Once you configure a report variation to your liking, click Save, and use the dialog box that opens to create either a personal or shared report. Dentrix Ascend will remember your changes, so you don’t have to do the work every time.
- Click the Export icon (box with a down arrow) to save your report as a file on your hard drive or network drive. You must first choose the format and then give the report a name.
- For more information, watch Generating the Unscheduled Treatment Report in the Resource Center.