October 17, 2018
In Reaching Out to Patients with Remaining Benefits Part 1 we showed you how to use the Unscheduled Treatment Report to find patients who have treatment-planned procedures without appointments AND who have unused dental insurance benefits remaining. Dentrix Ascend has yet another tool that helps you find patients who could take advantage of their remaining insurance benefits before the deductible period starts over in January.
The Year End Treatment (With Insurance) letter finds patients with treatment-planned procedures that have not been scheduled yet. Each recipient of the letter will be reminded how much insurance benefit they have remaining and be invited to schedule an appointment to complete their planned treatment, which also is listed.
- Open the Year End Treatment (With Insurance) letter (Home > Letters > Miscellaneous).
- Add a filter to limit the recipients to patients with remaining benefits. To start, open the Remaining Benefits dropdown.
- In the Remaining Benefit Amount section, add a condition that helps you find good candidates for this letter. For example, you may want to reach out first to patients with at least $500 in remaining benefits.
- Click Create Recipient List. Dentrix Ascend presents a list of patients who meet your criteria.
- Click Print Selected to open a PDF preview page, from which you can open a Print dialog box. Each letter is on a separate page.
- Click Print Labels to make addressing your letters easier. In the Select Label Template window, use the dropdown to select a standard label size, and then click Print.
- The letter has multiple filter options; for example, you may want to send letters only to the patients of Dr. Bob. You can combine multiple filters to achieve your desired list.
- When you click Save, Ascend remembers your filters and will use those until you save another change.
- You can modify the language within the letter. To learn more, see Customizing letter templates in the knowledgebase.
- To learn more, see Creating recipient lists for letters in the knowledgebase.