Sometimes patients who’ve been away for a while come back to your practice. If you’ve inactivated these patients, you can easily reactivate them in Dentrix Ascend. And when you reactivate them, their address, procedures, insurance claims, payments, adjustments, medical alerts, prescriptions, patient questionnaires, and periodontal exams are all preserved. It will be as if they never left!
- Start typing the patient’s name in the patient search box. When you see the “No Patients Matching This Search Criteria” message, toggle the Include inactive patients switch to On.
- Select the patient.
- From the Patient menu, select Patient Information to access the patient’s Basic Info tab.
- From the Status list, select Active. Click Save.
You are now ready to update the patient’s contact information, send electronic forms, and schedule an appointment.
- To learn more about updating patient information, see Updating patient information in the Dentrix Ascend Resource Center.
- To learn how to update the patient’s insurance information, see Updating insurance information for patients in the Resource Center.
- To learn how to send electronic forms to a patient, watch Sending Online Forms to a Patient in the Resource Center.
- To learn how to inactivate a patient, see Inactivating patient records in the Resource Center.