Your patient, Nicole Williams, questions why she has a balance. She has a receipt that shows that she made a cash payment of $100 last month, but it is not reflected in the statement she just received.
Sorting through her ledger, you deduce that such a payment was not posted. Was it posted to the wrong account? Was it posted at all? At times such as these, you must don your detective cap and channel your inner Sherlock Holmes.
Luckily for you, you have a great tool at your disposal: the Audit Log. This tool takes any clues you have about a payment and explores Dentrix Ascend to find matching activity. No more combing through reports or manually examining individual patient ledgers.
- Open the Audit Log. From the Home menu, select Audit Log.
- Set the date range. In the Date/Time column, click the default date range (last seven days including today), and select a date range for your search based on the information you have about the payment. In this example with Nicole Williams, the payment was made last month.
- Enter the information you have. In the Details column search box, type in a word, name, or number that will help you locate the payment. In this example, I expect that a payment of $100.00 was applied somewhere, so I will type “100.00” (without the quotation marks) in the Details search box. Press Enter, or click the magnifying glass icon to run the search.
- Review the search results. Your search may return several rows of activity. In this example, I see that Nicole Wilson made a cash payment of $100.00 last month. Her name is close enough to Nicole Williams that perhaps this was a case of selecting the wrong patient. Whatever your mystery, the Audit Log is a great tool for tracking down clues.
- If your practice has multiple locations, you may need to modify the Location column if your search returns no results.
- You can combine several search criteria (for example, user, patient, and action) for more precise search results.
- Click any column header to sort the results by that column.
- For more information, see Viewing the audit log in Dentrix Ascend Help.