Billing histories are everywhere. What to know what you’ve spent at the ITunes store? Want to see all your payments to the cable TV company? It’s all readily available, and patients want the same thing from their dental care provider. You may hear it referred to by different names, but here’s what the patient wants: a detailed list going back in time that shows procedures and payments, and insurance payments if applicable. And you’re going to give it to them.
To generate a patient statement of account:
- Search for and select the patient. From the Patient menu, under Financial, click Print Statements.
- In the Print Statement dialog box, under Statement start date, select Other, and type or select a date as far back as you need to go to get all the info you need from the patient’s ledger.
- Select one of the following options in the Statement view section:
- Guarantor View – Select this option to include transactions for the current patient and all patients who have the same guarantor as the current patient.
- Patient View – Select this option to include transactions only for the current patient.
- Set any other options as desired, and click Print. The report generates based on your selections.
- Print the PDF statement, or download it for emailing.
- On the statement, a balance forward amount will appear for the account’s balance prior to the specified date.
- To help you choose the statement start date, look at the First Visit date in the Patient Information screen or the first transaction date in the patient Ledger.
- For more information on statement print options, read Generating a patient’s billing statement in the Help Center.