April 1, 2020
Do you know if your office has procedures that are not attached to insurance claims? The Unattached Procedures widget on the practice dashboard can get you this vital information. It provides a list of patients with insurance coverage who have procedures posted, but the insurance claims have not been created yet. You can view the procedures that are not attached to claims and easily create those claims, so they can be sent. Using this tool helps your practice keep your billing going and prevents patients from “slipping through the cracks.”
- On the practice Overview page (dashboard), the Unattached Procedures widget displays the number of unattached procedures and a total dollar amount of unpaid procedures for those claims. Click (or tap) the Unattached Procedures widget.
The Unattached Procedures page opens.
- On the list of patients who have unattached procedures, select a patient.
The procedure options become available.
- Select the check box of each procedure that you want to include on the claim.
- Click (or tap) Create Claim.
The patient automatically disappears from the list. Just so you know, creating the claim does not automatically send the claim. The claim is now in the Unsent Claims list. See Submitting Unsent Insurance Claims to learn what to do next.
- For a patient to show up on the Unattached Procedures page, they must have insurance and have a billable procedure posted in their chart or ledger.
- For a procedure to appear, the service date must fall within the coverage dates of a patient’s insurance plan, and you must mark that procedure as billable to insurance.
- To learn more about processing unattached procedures, watch Processing Unattached Procedures in the Resource Center.
- To learn more, read Processing unattached procedures in the Resource Center.