September 25, 2019
In a recent conference session, dental professionals just like you were asked to estimate the percentage of active patients in their recare system and were given a multiple-choice list to select from. (The most popular response: 30% – 40%.) That was just an opening activity to help people consider how well they know their practice numbers; in real life, you don’t want to guess. In Dentrix Ascend, you don’t have to.
1. Open the Active Patients in Recare report. From any page, click Home > Insights to open the Insights page.
2. In the Recare section, click Active Patients in Recare to open the report.
3. The report is a simple summary of active patients in recare, broken out by location. The default time frame is the last 18 months (or more precisely, the current month and the prior/previous 17 months).
4. Ignore the numbers in the screenshot—it’s from a test database. Your numbers will be much better. Because this is a power report, you have the option to make modifications and save your changes as a custom version of the report with a different name. (You can find your custom version in the Power Reporting Financial section. You cannot add a report to the Insights page.)
Here is the breakdown of the measures and math in this report:
- Patients Seen – Count of patients with procedures completed during the time frame (and therefore considered “active”).
- Active w/ Recare – Patients whose completed procedures include at least one of the following: D1110, D1120, or D4910.
- % in Recare – [Active w/Recare] / [Patients Seen] (displayed as a percentage).
- Perio Patients – Count of patients with a D4910.
- % in Perio – [Perio Patients] / [Patients Seen] (displayed as a percentage).