July 03, 2019
When patients owe you money, you send them billing statements. But you don’t want to confuse or annoy patients by sending those statements more often than once a month. To prevent this, you’ll want to enable the Only generate statement if not billed since option.
1. Open the Billing Statements page (Home > Billing Statements).
2. Click Generate Statements to open the Generate Billing Statements dialog box.
3. Fill out the filters and options as you normally do, and check the Only generate statement if not billed since box. Today’s date appears in the corresponding date box by default.
4. Modify the if not billed since date to fit your billing cycle. For example, let’s say you print billing statements for patients with last names A-F on the first Monday of each month. It’s the middle of the month, and you printed an individual billing statement for Isaac Chiltepin today as he was checking out. Next month when you are printing billing statements for patients with last names A-F, set the if not billed since date back a month and Isaac will not get another statement.
- When you generate an individual patient billing statement, you must set the Add to Patient Connection switcher to Yes in order for Dentrix Ascend to update the last billed date, so you can make use of the if not billed since feature.
- Like all fields in the Generate Billing Statements dialog box, Dentrix Ascend does not save your selection. You must check the box every time you want to use this option.