There are several ways to share an image in Dentrix Ascend. By “sharing,” we mean exporting as a PNG or JPEG image file, or printing as a PDF document file. For one of the document export methods, the tooth numbers will be included on the page, like this:
- Select an image using any of the following methods:
- Imaging tab > select image
- Imaging > Show Image History > search and select
- Imaging > Acquire Images > complete acquisition sequence
- Chart tab > select tooth > Image Peek > Open for Editing
- If needed, select the Images tab in the Image Preview panel.
- Click the three vertical dots next to the name of the image you wish to share, and select Share Exam.
- In the Exam to be shared window, click Print to save the image as a PDF. A Save As window opens, so you can select the destination folder.
When you open the PDF, the top of each page will include the tooth number.
- Tooth numbers are never included on PNG or JPEG files.
- Another sharing option is simply to select the Share button at the bottom of the image panel; however, the tooth number will not be included on the page when you print to PDF.
- Note that when you use the Share option at the bottom of the image panel, the tooth number is automatically included in the file name, for example: