Following up on unpaid insurance claims is critical to your practices’ bottom line. Dentrix Ascend makes it easy for you to manage your overdue insurance claims; it automatically keeps track how long a claim has been sitting without being resolved. A claim is considered overdue if it was submitted 15 or more days ago and has one of the following statuses: Sent, Accepted, Pending, Printed, Unprocessable Claim, Additional Information Requested, NEA Error, or Paid (the payment was sent by the carrier but not received by your office).
- On the Overview page (dashboard), click the Unresolved Claims widget. The Unresolved Claims page opens.
- Select a claim from the list to populate the options panel.
- Do any of the following as needed:
- Contact the insurance carrier and/or the patient.
- Specify what the claim needs for additional follow-up. Type any Notes, indicating who will Follow up with the carrier or patient and when you want to be reminded to follow up.
- If the claim needs to be modified and is in an editable status, click Review/Edit to open the claim and make the necessary updates.
- Select the Dismiss Claim check box to remove the claim from the Unresolved list until the specified number of days has elapsed, and click Save.
- Unresolved claims are grouped by insurance plans, which appear as expandable and collapsible sections. Click a plan’s button to view the list of claims within that group.
- The options panel Status field has an information badge () next to it—hover to see a table of possible statuses and an indication of whether the claim is still editable.