When you are trying to determine the value of a given insurance plan, or trying to decide whether to become or to remain a preferred provider for a plan, use the Patient Insurance report to identify the names and total number of active patients currently associated with various insurance plans.
To generate the Patient Insurance report:
- Click Home > Power Reporting.
- Click the Insurance category link and then click the Patient Insurance report icon.
- In the Available Fields column scroll down to the Insurance group. Click the drop-down arrow next to Insurance Carrier, and click Filter.
- Type the first few letters of the insurance carrier you want in the Find field, and then select it in the list below. Then click the > arrow to add the carrier to the Currently Included list, and click OK.
- Click the Settings icon, choose the Export option, and select the output format to use for the report.
- “Currently included” is the default setting of the carrier filter. Note that you can flip the search criteria by selecting Excludes from the drop-down, or by searching for or excluding specific text (“strings”).
- To learn more about saving custom reports, read Using the analysis report builder in the Dentrix Ascend Help Center.