All you data-visualization gurus out there will love this Power Reporting tip. Did you know you can view your Power Reporting data as a bar chart, line graph, scatter plot, and many other formats? With a few easy clicks, you can filter a Power Report to show only the data you want. Then, you can choose from a selection of charts to display the data how you want. It’s a data-visualization dream. Let’s learn how it works.
How It Works
- Set up filters to show only the data you want in the report. For help with filtering, see Using Filters to Customize Power Reports.
- Click the chart format icon to see the data as a chart. (Note: Click the icon again to return to the table format.)
- Click the arrow next to the chart format option to see the list of available chart types. Select the chart type that matches how you want to display the data.
- Data visualization is only available for analysis-type reports, which include measures.
- To learn more about adding filters to reports, read Using Filters to Customize Power Reports in the Dentrix Ascend Blog.
- The chart options in Power Reporting include:
- Column, Stacked Column, 100% Stacked Column, Column-Line Combo
- Bar, Stacked Bar, 100% Stacked Bar
- Line, Area, Pie, Sunburst
- Scatter, Heat Grid, Geo Map