Providing exceptional dental treatment is only part of the equation to a productive and growing practice. The other part of the equation is scheduling recare, collecting contact information and collecting payment before the patient leaves. When these tasks are skipped, they can hold back the practice from achieving its goals.
Not sure why these tasks are being skipped? Dentrix Ascend’s unique routing panel has the solution for incomplete appointment tasks, which works hand in hand with the appointment tasks reminders as part of the patient exit workflow recommended by Dentrix Ascend. Office administrators have the option to require team members to provide an explanation when exit workflow tasks are skipped.
- Open the Location Information page from the Settings menu.
- Set the Require reasons for incomplete tasks switcher to Yes and click Save.
To see the exit workflow appointment tasks, you must be using the routing panel.
3. Open the routing panel from anywhere in Dentrix Ascend, by clicking the blue bar on the left side of the screen.
If an appointment task has not been completed when you attempt to complete an appointment, a warning message appears on the page you are working on, reminding you to perform the required tasks shown on the routing panel so you can complete the appointment. Completed tasks have a green checkmark on the routing panel.
A warning message also appears on the routing panel appointment card, reminding you to complete all required appointment tasks or provide a reason for skipping the incomplete tasks.
4. If you are unable to perform a task, click the blue “provide a reason” hyperlink and then select one of the reasons listed under Reason to Skip Completing All Tasks. Optionally you can add your own explanation in the text field.
After the requirement to provide an answer for not completing tasks has been turned on for a time, you can get reports on team member behavior using the Workflow Compliance Report.
- For more information on using the routing panel in your workflow, watch Patient Checkout Using Exit Workflow Compliance.
- For more information about completing appointments, read Completing appointments in the Resource Center.
- For more information about the Workflow Compliance report, read the Workflow Compliance Report in the Resource Center.