September 9, 2020
Missed appointments are missed production opportunities. Not only do they cost you thousands, but they also negatively affect patient outcomes. To help your patients and to recover some of your lost opportunity, Dentrix Ascend includes a Missed Appointments report. With this report, you can contact the patients who missed their appointments. We recommend that you have an office SOP run this report regularly.
The default Missed Appointments report shows every broken or no-show appointment going back to 2018. In this post we’re going to show you how to create a custom report that shows you just the last six months of missed appointments, so you can be sure you’re working with fresh information.
1. On the Power Reporting page (Home > Power Reporting), search for and click the Missed Appointments icon.
2. After the report appears, click the Filter icon, and locate the default report date.
3. Click the default date down arrow and select Edit to change the date of the power report.
4. Click the Calendar icon to open the Calendar view. Then, select the calendar year and month (from the dropdown list) that is 6 months prior to the current month. For example, if it is September 2020, you would select March 2020.
5. Click OK to generate the custom report.
The custom report appears showing a 6-month view of all missed appointments so you can begin contacting those patients to schedule their appointments.
You can make additional changes to the report by, for example, adding the procedures or the patient’s primary contact and sorting by date, provider, procedure code, or fee.
- You can export the report as a .pdf, .xslx, or .csv file, or you can view the report as HTML.
- You can save the custom report as a template for later use by clicking Save (located in the upper right corner). In the Save Report dialog box that appears, enter a name for the report, select whether you want to save the report as one of your reports (available only to you) or as an organization report (available to all users), and then click OK.
- To learn more about the Missed Appointments power report in Dentrix Ascend, read Missed Appointments Report in the Resource Center.