April 3, 2020
Staying on top of patient eligibility is a big job. Dentrix Ascend makes the process for checking insurance eligibility as efficient as possible. If the insurance carrier participates in automatic electronic verification, Dentrix Ascend will do the work for you, by automatically verifying insurance every night, looking four days ahead. If the an insurance carrier does not participate in automatic electronic verification, Dentrix Ascend still helps you streamline processes by providing a hyperlink to the carrier’s website, so all you need to do is click the carrier name to access and log in to the insurance carrier’s website for verification.
- Go to the insurance carrier’s website and locate the URL. (This is the text in your browser’s navigation bar after the “http://” or the “https://”; for example, www.metdental.com). After making sure you are on the correct site, write it down or highlight it with your cursor and copy it.
- Locate the carrier record in Dentrix Ascend. Go to Home > Carriers. In the Insurance Carriers page, search for the carrier by typing the name.
- Select the carrier. You will see a list of all the group plans associated with that carrier. Select any of them. Adding the carrier’s website affects all the plans.
- In the Edit Carrier page that opens, type or paste the URL into the Website field, and click Save.
Later, any time you are in the Insurance Eligibility page and need to verify a patient’s eligibility by visiting the carrier’s website, note that the carrier name has become a hyperlink. Click the carrier name to open the carrier’s website in a new tab.
- The carrier’s URL might have more text after the root, for example “…/web/public/login/…” and so forth. Ignore it. You only need the section beginning after the “http://” and ending with “.com”.
- Having links to carrier websites is especially useful for insurance carriers that do not support automated eligibilities.
- Carrier name links also appear in the Outstanding Claims page and on a patient’s Insurance Information page.
- To learn more, watch Checking Insurance Eligibility in the Resource Center.