March 26, 2020
It’s certainly not often that you have any down time; however, if you do, generating an unscheduled treatment plan report is a great use of your time. When patients are not ready to make financial decisions at the time treatment is diagnosed and presented, often times, you must follow up with them to stress the importance of the recommended treatment and to schedule an appointment. The Unscheduled Treatment Report displays patients with treatment-planned procedures that have not been scheduled yet. You can use this report as a call list to remind customers of their planned treatment and encourage them to set an appointment.
- On the Home menu, under Reports, click (or tap) Power Reporting. Type unscheduled treatment in the search box, and then click (or tap) the Unscheduled Treatment icon.
The report appears.
The data from your database syncs with the reporting system automatically and displays the time of the last sync on the Data as of button. Data entered in Dentrix Ascend after the time shown will not be available on the report until the next sync.
- To view the time when the next sync is expected to occur, click (or tap) the Data as of button.
- To customize the report, click (or tap) the Toggle Edit link. Using the interactive report builder tools, add data fields to the layout, and set up filters as needed.
- To save the report as a template for later use, click (or tap) Save. In the Save Report dialog box that appears, enter a name for the report, select whether you want to save the report as one of your reports (available only to you) or as an organization report (available to all users), and then click (or tap) OK.
- Click or (tap) the export icon to export the report (as a pdf, .xslx, or .csv file) or view the report as HTML.
- Treatment plans are grouped by the locations to which you have access. However, you can filter the report to include plans from only one location. Additional date filters can be added to refine the list of patients with outstanding treatment.
- The date for the treatment plans is the date the procedure was treatment planned.
- You can also remove some fields, like the secondary or ortho benefits remaining, that may not be relevant to your office and reduce what needs to be printed (otherwise the report can easily be over one page for each patient).
- For more information, watch Generating the Unscheduled Treatment Report in the Resource Center.
- For more information on interactive report tools, read Using the interactive report builder in the Resource Center.