February 05, 2020
What do you do when you need a Spanish-speaking patient to sign a consent form, however the patient’s ability to read English is very limited? Dentrix Ascend helps you by supporting a Spanish version of any consent form, including any custom messages you have created. All you need to do is to acquire the translation. Once you set up a Spanish version of a consent form, it applies automatically to any patient whose preferred language is Spanish.
1. Open the Settings menu and click Patient Forms to access the consent forms for your location.
2. Open a consent form by clicking its name in the left side panel. Select Spanish from the Language dropdown.
3. Give the Spanish version a title.
4. Use the text area to type or paste in your translation. Click Save when you are done.
5. To make a consent form available to patients, set the Active switch to On.
Once you’ve input a consent form translation, the Spanish version will always be presented to patients whose Preferred Language is Spanish, as configured in the patient’s Preferences page.