June 12, 2019
We hope you’re enjoying the Online Booking feature and its ability to fill your schedule even while the office is closed. As you know, Online Booking allows you to define production types and provider availability in the Schedule Templates page. The Schedule Template rolls on week after week after you make your definitions; but what if there is one day next week when a certain provider will be out of town, and you don’t want to rework all your templates? A Practice Event will do the trick.
1. Open the Calendar to the date when the provider will not be available. When you create a Practice Event, this will auto populate the event date. Plus, while you are in this page of the Calendar you can look to see whether the provider already has someone booked that day, so you can move appointments or reschedule as needed.
2. Under the Actions menu, select Create Event.
3. Fill out the Event fields as follows:
- Give the event a Title (required field).
- Leave the Operatory set to None.
- Select the Provider who will be gone that day.
- Check the All day event check box.
4. When you save the event, it appears in the Practice Event column of the Calendar. Behind the scenes, Online Booking sees that the provider is unavailable at the time of the event and will not offer that provider as a selection when a patient is booking online for that day.
- If one provider is gone for multiple days, make a new event for each day.
- If multiple providers are out the same day, make a new event for each of them.
- There is no “close this location for this day” feature at this time.
- To learn more, see Scheduling events in the Resource Center.