April 24, 2019
You’re in the middle of scheduling a patient’s next appointment, and he tells you that he’s moved and has a new address. Did you know that you don’t have to close out of the Appointment Information panel (and lose what you’ve already entered) in order to edit his address information?
1. You’re in the Appointment Information panel, setting the time, provider, and so on for an appointment.
2. Click the Contact Info tab.
3. From here you can edit the patient’s contact information, set the preferred contact method, and even update the patient’s primary contact.
4. When you are done editing the patient’s information, you can return to the Appointment tab to finish setting the appointment; or, if you are done, click Save to save your changes.
- The automated reminders preference option is available only when the patient is a primary contact and has a mobile phone number specified.
- To learn more, read Scheduling appointments for existing patients in the Resource Center.