February 20, 2019
The doctor made the diagnosis, and you presented the treatment plan. The patient accepts! As a treatment coordinator there is no need to walk the patient back to the front desk in order to schedule an appointment for their treatment; you can do it right here, right now. Once you see how easy this is, you can add it to your workflow.
1. If you don’t already have the treatment plan open, from the Tx Planner tab of a patient’s clinical record, under the Active heading to the left, select a treatment plan.
2. The visits associated with the treatment plan appear. Select the check box at the top of a visit to select all the corresponding procedures.
3. The Create Appointment button becomes active. Click it to open the Calendar and the appointment scheduling panel.
- The procedures included in the visit are automatically selected for the appointment.
- If you know how long this visit should last, you can set the visit Duration before creating the appointment.
- For more information about scheduling, read Scheduling appointments for existing patients.