January 23, 2019
There are many reasons an appointment has changes made to it. Sometimes procedures are added or removed. Sometimes a patient needs to reschedule. Sometimes you just need to know who scheduled the appointment. Did you know Dentrix Ascend automatically keeps track of all of these changes for you?
1. Find and select the appointment.
2. Click the clock icon to open the Appointment History window.
3. Changes are listed in reverse chronological order—the most recent change is at the top. Each entry includes the date and time of the change, who made the change, and what fields were changed.
- If there have been no changes to an appointment, the Appointment History will display only the entry for the created date.
- If you have used the Routing Panel to track the progress of a patient from check-in to check-out, the Appointment History shows you the time spent in each status.
- A history of appointments can be found in the Appointments widget of a patient’s Overview page.
- Appointment history can also be researched using the Audit Log. Filter for Type = Appointment, and include the patient’s name in the search.
- To learn more, watch Reviewing Patient Appointment History in the Resource Center.