October 10, 2018
As the end of the year is fast approaching, it’s a good idea to find those patients who have treatment-planned procedures without appointments AND who have unused dental insurance benefits remaining. It’s a win-win situation. You get to clean up your Unscheduled Treatment list and increase your production, and your patients will be able to make use of their remaining insurance benefits before the deductible period starts over in January.
The Unscheduled Treatment Report (Interactive) lists patients with treatment-planned procedures that have not been scheduled yet. For each patient on the report, the following information appears: his or her last visit date, the insurance renewal month, any remaining benefits, the treatment-planned procedures, and their corresponding providers and fees.
- Open the Unscheduled Treatment Report (Interactive) (Home > Power Reporting > Clinical > Unscheduled Treatment).
- Add a filter to limit the report to patients with remaining benefits. To start, click the Toggle Edit hyperlink.
- Click the filter icon to make it active. Then, under the Data tab scroll down to find, for example, Remaining Benefits Primary. Drag this field to the filter area.
- In the Filter on… dialog box that opens, add a condition that helps you find good candidates for this activity. For example, you may want to reach out first to patients with at least $500 in remaining benefits.
- When you save the new filter, the report refreshes automatically. Preview the first record (first page of the report) to make sure your filter has had the desired effect.
- Click Export, and choose your favorite format for usability and shareability. The specific method for saving or printing the file will depend on the file type.
- The Data tab lists many fields, any of which can be used to filter the default Unscheduled Treatment report.
- To save the customized report as a template for later use, click Save, and give the new report a name.
- To learn more, see Unscheduled Treatment Report (Interactive) in the knowledgebase.