With the end of the year fast approaching, it’s important to make sure that your patients have taken full advantage of their insurance benefits by receiving the care they need. Patient recare appointments are easy to schedule by filtering out those patients who are overdue. Once you find these patients, you can encourage them to come in for treatment, which will improve their dental health and your bottom line.
- Open the Recare Management page (Home > Recare Management).
- Set up the following filters:
- Locations – Select All to find patients for all locations, or select specific locations to find patients only for those locations. (The report uses the location in which a given recare type was added to a patient record rather than the patient’s preferred location.)
- Patients – Select to view patients With Recare.
- Appointment – Select to view Unscheduled recare patients.
- Due Date Range – Enter a date range to find recare patients that are past due. For example, to find patients who were due earlier this year and are now overdue, you could set a custom range going back to the first of the year.
- Recare Type – Select the All check box to view patients with any recare type attached, or clear the check boxes and only select the recare types you are interested in, for example PERIO and PROPHY.
- Click Search.
- To print the report, click Print.
- You can group patients by family by clicking the Patient Name column header to sort the list by last name.
- While viewing the report, you can click any Due Date link to go to the patient’s Recare page. You can click any Appointment link that reads Unscheduled to go the patient’s recare due date on the schedule.
- You can leave the default Only show active patients filter set to On to view only active patients in the list, or switch the filter to Off to view active and inactive patients in the list. Any inactive patients will appear in gray text.
- To learn more, watch Contacting Patients Using the Recare Management Report in the Resource Center.