If you’ve ever had to look through patient progress notes to find information about a specific procedure or find treatment during a certain time period, then you know what a daunting task this can be. And if a patient has had a lot of work done, you have that many more progress notes to look through. Good to know that you can sort the progress notes and change how the information is displayed to make it easier to find the information you need.
- When you open patient progress notes, and the patient has an appointment scheduled for today, the Scheduled for today filter is selected by default; otherwise, the All filter is selected.
- To filter the notes, under Show status uncheck All, and then select the check boxes of the status(es) of the procedures that you want to view.
- To see the history of a specific tooth (or teeth), go to the Chart, select the tooth, then return to the Progress Notes tab. Only the procedures associated with the selected teeth appear in the progress notes.
- You can sort Progress Notes by clicking on a column header (Date, Status, Amount, etc.).
- If your filter doesn’t match any notes, the following message will appear: “There are no Progress Notes for your selection.”
- For more information, watch Sorting and Filtering Progress Notes in the Clinical Essentials course.