Occasionally, patients who haven’t been in for a while will call to schedule an appointment, and they’ll tell you they didn’t receive any kind of reminder that they were due for a cleaning. This usually happens when the patient isn’t attached to recare, so Dentrix Ascend can’t track when that patient is due. You can prevent this by generating a list of patients who haven’t been attached to recare.
To find patients not attached to recare:
- From the Home menu, under Reports, click Recare Management.
- Under the Patients filter select No Recare. Notice that the selections under the remaining filters become grayed out because they are no longer applicable.
- Click Search.
- Click Print to open a new browser tab, from which you can print the report. Alternatively, you can select the information, copy it, and then paste it into an Excel spreadsheet if you would rather have this list electronically.
- Assign one or more people to begin getting in touch with patients not attached to recare, according to the protocols established in your practice. We recommend you develop a system that will include keeping track of who you have reached out to, so they don’t get contacted over and over.
- You can group patients by family by clicking the Patient Name column header to sort the list by last name.
- You can either leave the Only show active patients filter set to the default On to view only active patients in the list, or switch the filter to Off to view both active and inactive patients in the list. Inactive patients will appear in gray text.
- To learn more, read Viewing the Recare Management Report in the knowledgebase.