Using Dentrix Ascend clinical note templates helps you be both thorough and efficient in three different ways. First, it saves you from typing out the same note several times a day for different patients. Second, it ensures that all of the clinical notes in your practice are consistent and contain the same details, regardless of who wrote the note. And finally, it speeds up the process of writing notes because you can just enter the information you are prompted to enter.
To enter a clinical note using a pre-defined template:
- From any clinical page, click Clinical Notes.
- Click the Templates
- Locate a template, either under your Favorites or under the appropriate category (click the category to expand a list), and click the template name.
- Respond to all prompts as they appear, clicking Next to continue.
- Set any additional note options and click Save.
- Sign a note to lock its content.
- To learn how to customize a template to better suit your preferences, read Customizing clinical note templates.