Wouldn’t it be nice if recare appointments scheduled themselves? While that might not be possible, Dentrix Ascend makes it easy for you to invite patients to schedule their own recare appointments. Learn how to include your online booking link in recare reminder emails and text messages, so that you can reduce the effort of scheduling appointments over the phone and start letting your schedule fill itself.
- Click Settings > Patient Communications.
- Ensure that there is at least one active recare reminder. Click the Recare tab. Select a reminder from the list on the left, or create a new one.
In the sample email message for your active recare email reminder, you should see a Book Now button.
When patients get their recare email reminder, they will be able to click Book Now and schedule an appointment online.
Text Message Reminders
In the sample text message for your active recare text message reminder, you should see a Book Online link.
When patients get the recare text reminder, they will be able to click the online booking link and schedule an appointment online.
- If online booking is enabled, make sure that your online booking schedule templates are configured, or else there will be no providers or appointment times to choose from.
- If you do not see the Book Now button in your recare patient communications, read Online booking overview and workflow in the Dentrix Ascend Resource Center to ensure that you have set up online booking correctly.
- To learn how to set up recare reminders, see Creating recare communications in the Dentrix Ascend Resource Center.